Why Build a Granny Flat
Granny flats have unlimited potential. Some of the most common reasons for building a Granny Flat are the following:
Granny flats are cheap and safer investment. Granny flats:
- Achieve an excellent investment return.
- Turn negatively geared properties into a positive cash flow investment.
- Attain rental yields of 15-25% per annum PLUS capital growth each year
- Have tax depreciation benefits of up to $6,000 per annum
- Is a tangible asset that you can see and touch
- Provides peace of mind knowing that your investment is not reliant on the stock market
- Provide extra income which allows you to pay down your mortgage quicker
- Creates greater equity to your home or investment portfolio
POTENTIAL BENEFITS OF A GRANNY FLAT
- Earn more money (usually over $1,000 a month after interest payments) by generating a second rental income the legal way.
- Achieve a return on investment (ROI) of around 20%.
- Change a negative geared investment into a positive geared investment, helping investors to pay off their mortgage quicker and in turn able to purchase more properties.
- Increase the re-sale value of their property, helping you maximize the capital gain from the property.
- Additional tax depreciation benefits increase your ROI even further.
With everything being so expensive these days, it is becoming more and more difficult for young couples to save for a deposit on a new home. It would be much easier to find $10,000 for a deposit to build a brand new granny flat.
An inexpensive way of providing a brand new home within your property for elderly parents or teenage kids. It is an easy way of providing them with both with their independence and privacy whilst having the security of them being close to home and in a safe place.
Ever considered how great it would be to work from home, save on fuel, tolls, car expenses, rent, parking and office leases? Well a brand new home office could be built in your own backyard for a fraction of the cost of a commercial office, while saving you money on all the other expenses.
Need a space for hobbies or extra caricular activities? A Granny flat is an inexpensive get away where you can relax and do what you love to do best.